Learn from Expert IB Economics Tutors in Hong Kong
Levels offered: HL & SL
Get IB Economics Tips from HKExcel’s Tutors
Key IB Economics assessments our tutors help with
- Paper 1 (Written response): In this paper, students are required to write essays to answer questions related to Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
- Paper 2 (Data response): In this paper, students are required to answer questions related to a newspaper article. The focus would be on international economics and development economics.
Improve all course pages on hkexcel.org
- Paper 3 (Calculation paper): This paper is for HL students only. Questions are typically short and revolve around calculations and conceptual understanding.
- Internal Assessment (IA): Students are required to find a newspaper article related to IB Economics concepts and write a commentary on it.
What is required to achieve a level 6 or 7 in Economics?
In order to score 6 or 7 in IB Economics, students must have a clear understanding of Economic concepts in the IB that goes deeper than surface-level knowledge. You must adopt a multifaceted approach that combines both academic discipline and real-world applicability. Your tutor will help you along the journey to a level 6 or 7 by helping you understand the following key elements:
Understanding of Concepts: Delving deep into both core and intricate IB Economics concepts is key. This isn't about memorization; students should be actively applying and analyzing economic principles.
Economic Case Studies: Familiarity with real-world economic events and case studies enhances the application of theoretical knowledge and can improve essay responses.
Exam Techniques: Profound knowledge of the IB Economics exam format and being adept at handling various question types, combined with proficient time management, can set students apart.
Strategic Practice: Consistent practice with past exam papers accustoms students to the pace of the exam and pinpoints areas needing further revision.
Interdisciplinary Links: Drawing connections between economics and other IB subjects or global issues can deepen understanding and provide a more holistic view.
Why choose HKExcel’s IB Economics tutors?
In the competitive realm of IB Economics, it's essential to have guidance from experts who can deliver tangible results. The tuition team at HKExcel and our dedicated IB Econ tutors have consistently demonstrated their excellence, as evidenced by how 90% of students reported Level 6 or higher in the 2018 May exam.
HKExcel's approach is uniquely tailored to the demands of the IB curriculum. Rather than a one-size-fits-all method, our IB Economics tutors in Hong Kong focus on breaking down the often complex facets of economics, making them digestible and relatable. They also emphasize honing exam writing skills and intensive question drilling to ensure students are adept at thinking and working under stressful exam conditions.
We also believe in a personalized approach, noting that all our students have different learning styles and abilities. Our tailored courses help every individual achieve their highest potential in ways that are most comfortable for them.
If you want to boost your grade in IB Economics, please sign up for our FREE trial lesson below. Our staff will arrange the lesson for you within 24 hours!
Need a quick fix for your upcoming IB Econ assessments? Watch our FREE videos below!
Essential Level-7 Essay Writing Skills for IB Economics
How to write a level 7 Macroeconomics IA in 2 hours?
How to write a Level-7 IB Microeconomics IA in two hours
3 tips for a Level 7 in IB Economics
Level 7 IB Econ Exam tips by a Level 7 graduate
How to write a Level-7 Development Economics IA in 2 hours
How to write a Level-7 International Economics IA in 2 hours
Register for a FREE trial lesson to let us help you achieve your dream IB Econ grade!
How will our IB Economics tutor in Hong Kong help you during your free trial?
- Our IB Econ tutor will help you master the topic that you find most challenging
- You will learn the most updated and effective IB Econ exam skills related to the topic
- You will master all the IB exam questions that can show up for the topic
- You will receive a copy of our complete, concise, and exam-based IB Econ notes for the topic
- You will receive a copy of our IB Econ Question bank, including all question types that can show up for the topic
FREE trial IB Econ classes are available in our HK centers or online through Skype!
Book your IB Econ FREE trial now!
(Hong Kong) Room 702, Honest Building, 9-11 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong